Thursday, June 21, 2018

[WANGE] Wange Monsters 6201 - Eye Beast

When it comes to gimmicks, these bootleg companies who rips LEGO products are just as creative and will always comes up with the silliest way to sell their stuff. Take for example tgis Mixels rip-off from Wange..


BRAND: WANGE
SERIES: Wange Monsters
PRICE: 89.75PHP (about $1.50 US)

It does look like a creepy critter from Mixels, an official series from LEGO,where in you get to build cute creatures with exagerated sizes and numbers of body parts. One thing that Wange tops over everyone elses who rip-off Mixels, though theres not much brands who faked this series, is that they sealed the pieces and parts in an egg-like capsul, making it look like you will have to hatch your little monster.




:: Packaging (Box Art??)
Not much information is added on the seal that holds the capsul together.. actually a lot, but in chinese characters. It does say it contains 101 pcs, and that the monster name is "Eye Beast".. huh. Too generic.


:: What's Inside
There's a lot of orange parts, my monster will be all orange with a little shade of gray I think for its skeletal or moving joints, looks 101 pcs to me, so I won't have to count to check haha.


I'm really fascinated by this egg container. Makes me want to get more of these Wange Monsters. Just sucks that when I bought it, it looks like its the only design left on the shelves of Metro Dept. Store.


Such a small sheet of single back-to-back printed piece of instruction manual for a build that is composed of 101 pieces. But given the size of the capsul, and the number of pieces and parts included, I don't see any way they can make a bigger instruction manual fit in it. And this size also works, not that hard to follow either.


So I grouped the pieces into colors so it would be easier to find the stuff that I'll need, and now I can start...

:: Building The Damn Creature
Ok here it goes, I made a little documantation during my time building Eye Beast by taking shots at random stages of making it..




Not even half way to it, and it's already looking cute! The moment I placed the eye, I knew right away my blog mascot is going to be born (or hatched) this day. 😀







Hey!! We're not done.. little buddy want's to play around already. Ok stay on your black capsul as I finish your bottom part..





Ok buddy, we're almost done. Get back here so we can finally complete you!!


Oh my.. freaking.. cheesus!!
He turned from cute little caterpillar to a.. fucking creepy spider who definitely still looks adorable!!I want a real one!! So all meet my official blog mascot... KUTO!!




::Over-a verdict
I LOVE THIS!! I never really cared for Mixels, and I never thought of getting one of the rip-offs before, until now!! I'm just ecstatic that I bought this one! I already mentioned the egg shape capsul or container was a great idea, and it made the building experience and I assume the playing experience of this set for kids will be evem greater!


Kuto has really smooth articulations, looks sturdy and the parts does not fall out of its place when you bend the joints. So freakin charming, even when he is munching on Aquaman!



So Kuto, now as my official blog Mascot, will be intrucing us to new hauls, and will also join me on some of my upcoming reviews!!

2 comments: