Wednesday, June 20, 2018

[DUO LE PIN TOYS] DLP9068 Super Heroes - DC Justice League's Wonder Woman and Aquaman

Off to start my return to toy review and blogging are Wonder Woman and Aquaman from the 2017 DC film, Justice League. Both are part of the 8-in-1 set, and I got them loose, or sold as singles so I didnt manage to get the other 6 for the whole bunch.


BRAND: DUO LE PIN TOYS [DLP9068]
SERIES: Super Heroes - Justice League
PRICE: 80PHP (more than 1US $)

Each box comes with 1 minifigure, set of weapons, a mini build, and an instruction manual. The amount of pieces and parts are not stated wherever the box or the manual.



::: WONDER WOMAN :::
This is my first Wonder Woman minifigure. I always thought I'd get the comic or the animated series version first.. then comes the DC film universe and those old design figs are no where to be found.


:: Box Art
The front of the box art shows a slik art of Wonder Woman riding he.. uhm somewhat Go Kart kind of mini build car, while holding her sword and her shield. The top of the box shows the same art with the solo mini figure shot, and the tab shows all 6 main characters from the movie.


:: What's Inside
The box contains one bag of part pieces and a sheet of instruction manual. Its printed back-to-back but you'll only need the front one for now, since the back print is the complicated combination of all the mini builds of all 8 characters, to build a bigger build.



:: Mini Figure
Very neat print, not bad for a replica. Wonder Woman comes with 2 face prints, one smirking and the other is her battle face which I prefer. Not cool with the brown hair, could have went with the original black or darker brown. The fig also lacks print on its arms. The figure comes with a sword and a shield with cool print of some sort of bird outline.. perhaps the Bald Eagle or something.


:: Design Origin
Obviously, this Wonder Woman's aesthetics is based from the film version that DC extended universe has come up with. But one thing I noticed is that the outfit print is way similar to Gal Gadot's 2017 stand alone movie, Wonder Woman, and not the actual JL film, simply because the sword holder belt is hanging on the other side of her shoulder.



:: Mini Build
As what the box art shows, Wonder Woman comes with a tiny 4-wheeler kart. Its just the size of the other cheap race car driver and kart minisets that I featured before. Only, this one is themed and more handsome. The kart is schemed to her trademark color of red, gold, and.. er a little blue. Overall, its a cute mini build to go with this heroine. Here's Wonder Woman riding her go kart..


She really need to ride it while holding her weapons cause there are no available clip-ins for the kart to hold them while she's driving. Now for my next charcter..

::: AQUAMAN :::
Like WW, this is also my first Aquaman mini figure. I didnt really care much about Aquaman, since to me, he is the least popular member of JLA. But I bought him anyway because of his cool design from the live action movies.


:: Box Art 
Similar style of box, obviously because Wonder Woman and Aquaman came from the same series. Aquaman is shown to be diving or swimming undersea with his what seems to look like a aquatic detector? I'm not sure. Could be just a simple diving machine or a special weapon equipment. Top box shows the lone Aquaman mini figure.


:: What's Inside
One bag of parts and pieces, mostly of blueish tone, and a back-to-back instruction manual, front shows the Aquaman mini build how to, while the other side is another part of the bigger build once all pieces from the entire set is available.



:: Mini Figure
Here he is. Aquaman is no longer the unpopular JLA member in my opinion, thanks to this release. He looks simple, long brown locks, double face prints, torso is simple, green legs with gold prints, the giant fork.. but it all works great together. Super cool. And the hair didnt made him look girly too. He looks like a modern dressed bohemian fisher.


:: Design Origin
Though it seems like it lacks most of its green on his torso print, this mini figure is definitely based on the 2017 JL movie design of Aquaman, played by Jason Momoa. They could have used the ombre hair to completely copy Momoa's looks but This one is cool enough.



:: Mini Build
I just dont see the use of whatever this is to the part of Aquaman. I mean, sure.. it's a simple build that they could just throw into the box.. not that much, really. But, even though this looks cheap and wont be able to hold a mini figure on top of it, its actually sturdy and stable. And to be fair, it does looks like an aquatic equipment.. too golden, though. Here's Aquaman riding it like a rodeo bull..



See what I mean? This shit really does have some fine articulation that it could do and hold different poses with Aquaman on top of it.

OVER-ALL VERDICT
Well, I can't actually do an over-all rundown about the set since I only got 2 out of them from the complete set of 8, but I'm pretty satisfied with Wonder Woman and Aquaman I think.



And also, the other ones are pretty much available on other sets.. the other 6 are..


..2 batmans? I already own like 5 of them, why would I need more. I dont even like Batman. And then there's Superman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and The Flash.. who I dont really mind getting. I'm more of a Marvel boy! But I'm pretty currious about the mini-builds included in their boxes.. 😊


Side of their box shows how the combined mini-builds will look like all together. And the back of the instruction manual is like an imcomplete one and you'll need all 8 manuals to form the combiners.

And that's it for this set. Aquaman mini figure really brought his game, and I cant wait how his other mini figs in the future would look like once his stand alone movie comes out!! 👍😁

1 comment:

  1. Saw your comment. You can refer-link to my blog any time. But in actual, my blog is actually some sort of a diary not really an actual review of the bricks, as you can see there are not really detail comments regarding the bricks, but more of having fun with the bricks base on what my kid is thinking and some opinions. You will also notice my blog includes other item like movie time, visits, other toys (also rarely) and events. Also, I don't really have the time to write so detail as what I am seeing in your "comeback"
    Will also refer-link to yours if I see something similar. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete