Monday, June 25, 2018

[Sheng Yuan] SY773G Heroes Assemble - Magneto with Magneto's Magnetic Pusher

A little upgrade from my mini-build reviews, for oday's bootleg reviews, I'll be doing a bigger one... that doesnt sound right haha.


BRAND: Sheng Yuan (SY)
SERIES: Heroes Assemble
PRICE: 180PHP (about US $3.40)
So this is one of my new item from my June haul, it's Magneto with his some kind of a Jet build. This one is part of a set series, where you get 2 of the right pairs and together they combine to form a bigger build. However, I only got this one for now.


::: MAGNETO :::
According to Youtuber Twistedtrooper 232, the chinese characters translates to Magneto's Magnetic Pusher. Basically, this set is saying Magneto isnt powerful enough to do all he magnetic stuff and he needs this sort of pusher to do some tricks.

(Update: while working on this entry, I got a response from Twistedtrooper 232..


..So its only Magneto's Pusher. But I'm with him when he said Magneto's Magnetic Pusher sounds cooler!)


:: Box Art
Comes with 100+ pieces, and is suggested suitable for kids ages 6-12. SUGGESTED ☺. The front is pretty simple, it shows what's to expect is inside. On thing I noticed on the art is that Magnto isnt wearing his cape while inside Jet.. hmm. Magneto also says "I am Magneto!" because pople might misidetify him as Bison from Street Fighter.


And at the back, it says it can be combined with SY773H The Flash's cool jet.. I don't know how I'll feel about the DC♥Marvel combination they did here. Perhaps maybe they could have paired Magneto with another Marvel chracter instead?


Sides of the box arent that special, though I give credits to the main colors they used, it suits Magneto perfectly. And I'm starting to think maybe I should also get the The Flash one, cause the Jet looks super cool.


:: What's Inside
Included inside are 3 bags of pieces for the minifigure and the jet build, and an instruction manual..


a lot of magenta colored pieces which follows Magneto's iconic look, and the cape for the minifigure is safely sealed in a card board packaging to keep its shape.


The back-to-back printed instruction manual sheet, the instructions for combining this jet to The Flash's jet is at the back.



:: Mini Figure
The Magneto mini fig included in this set is the same old red-suit-purple-cape one, which has already appeared in some othe SY releases before. But what excites me the most is that the face on this one is printed the right way!


I now own 3 Magneto mini figures. the purple suit one is from DECOOL, middle one is the fig from this set, and the third one is the SY fig I bought before with the face printed upside down!! Hahaha


:: Design Origin
The minifig is based on the classic Magneto design, his trade mark red suit and helmet with purple cape on his first comic appearance as the main villain of X-Men on it's first issue, published in 1963


:: Construction
Separate the colors based on colors first, and hey.. printed parts!! I love it when sets includes printed parts! Check-out the techy designs on these pieces! And the main visor of the jet is also printed, I just forgot to include it on the pic. Now lets start building..










:: Main Build
Check. It. Out!! How cool does Magneto's Magnetic Pusher look, huh? I love the tube details on each side, as well as the armalites, and the printed pieces.. so lit.



Doesnt it look awesome? Now lets see how it look with Magneto in it..



I get it now why the cape had to be removed before Magneto sits on his pilot pit, theres not much space and the cape will easily fold and deform. And the cockpit cover wont close completely with Magneto in it becaude either his Helmet is too big, or the brick that holds the cover is too low. I wonder how they did it properly as shown on the box.

:: Over-all Verdict
Look, Sheng Yuan.. I appreciate rip-off brands for coming up with their own build designs that you guys include on your set release, but at least make it more stable and posible for the mini figure to actually fit in it.


That stupid nozzle keeps on falling and some stuff like the cockpit cover keeps on fallibg apart. I will need the power of KRAGGLE if I want to keep this build in tuck for long.


There are few spare parts which is nice, but would have been better if they included another piece of something like a 1×2 studed tile so I can raise the holder of the cover so Magneto can actually sit in it and close the cover properly.


Over-all, this set is good yet exhausting because of some issues, but I should probably read reviews by others first before I buy the other sets included in this Series, to see if there will be similar issues like the stupid ones on these..


Magneto does look cooler standing on top of his Magnetic Pusher.. maybe watch Twistedtrooper 232's video reviews first before getting new ones??

:: Brick Buddy
Follow/Subscribe to Twistedtrooper 232 on FB PAGEIG PAGE, and his Youtube Channel !! He makes new videos like every other day, and you'll surely love his LEGO and bootleg bricks reviews!



Thank you for reading!! 😁enjoy other stuff on my blog, and be sure to come back and read my future posts too!!

3 comments:

  1. Use normal paper glue, it will still hold the stud in place when it dries.

    Consider yourself lucky, Upside down head is rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Ill surely give ut a try.. and I was told about rare upside down printed heads.. somehow it makes me feel happy lol

      Delete
  2. Hii I like ur blog!! Please continue making reviews. can u do more girl set reviews like those from friends and elves lines. Theres a lot of them everywere.

    ReplyDelete