Saturday, June 23, 2018

[LELE + DECOOL] Ninja Mini-Figures + Throwback Figs!! (Ninjago Knock-offs)

I'm not only fascinated by the Chima themed knock offs and bootlegs now, cause ever since the release of The Lego Ninjago Movie, I've been wanting to collect different minifigures and set from the Ninja theme too!! I know I'm a little too late but, here to start my new collection..


I got 2 loose mini figures from different brands and sets!! I also got a bigger build from another brand but I'll get to that some other day. And since these guys are from 2 different brands, I'll make a separate review for them in one post! Starting with...




::: MASTER WU :::
The mentor of the heroes of Ninjago City. This old dude comes with a mini-build dragon! Cute and cool!! I actually thought of maybe starting my Ninja themed collection with Lloyd or maybe Kyle solo mini-fig, but I got a Master Wu with a white dragon instead!! Couse, why not?


BRAND: LELE
SERIES: The Lele Ninja Movie
PRICE: 60PHP (1US $ +)
Getting the whole set in a wholesale market here in Philippines would be really cheaper, but I got this one in Sonny's Toy Art in Ayala Fairview Terraces so its usual to cost more.


:: Box Art
Front of the box shows Master Wu in a fight scene I think, with the little white dragon gliding on air. The back shows all the characters you can get from the set. Top shows Master Wu solo figure with some word clippings. On one side shows the simple inatriction manual printed for the mini-build dragon, and on the other is the series name printed again.. The Lele Ninja Movie, an obvious copy of the Ninjago movie title. Hahaha


:: What's Inside
Sone the Instruction manual is already printed on the box, only the single bag of pieces and parts is inside the box.



:: Mini Figure
Master Wu has a single face print with no alternate facial reactions, wearing his black belted all white kung-fu uniform with fine orange lotus outline print at the back. Comes with his beard accessory and his trademark farmer hat, and his only weapon is the bo staff.



:: Mini Build
Here's the exciting part.. Master Wu comes with a little white dragon that looks totally cute with his croissant head haha. That is so productive and genius to use the croissant piece for the dragon's head, it looks like it's growing his little horns. The katana swords are also used for his wings and the gold pieces really worked well with the white body of the dragon. Such a great mini build!!



The white dragon can be Master Wu's animal spirit or spirit guide.. or Patronus!? Or could ot also be a newly hatched baby pet dragon for Master Wu? Imagine him talking to that little dragon in Jackie Chan's voice!

:: Total Review
I definitely like this mini-set, though it comes from a bigger set, this one is pretty satisfying already. Master Wu's appearance is a clean shot at his actual and authentic LEGO look. And that small dragon mini-build is everything. I'm totally cool I manage to get this one out of all the other characters from that set!! Now for my next character...

::: NYA - SAMURAI X :::
Nya is the Water Ninja who, along with her older brother, Kai, joined Master Wu and the other Ninjas to protect Ninjago. Now, Nya does have a Samurai X version, I just cant remember the story. Haha ๐Ÿ˜…. So this is not a fake-fake mini figure with misprint name on the box ad random pieces put together. Weew!!

BRAND: DECOOL
SERIES: Ninja Mini Figures
PRICE: 60PHP (1US +)
Kind of Pricey too, if you'll get it as a solo pack. But the thing about getting the whole set is.. sometimes you only get few cool mini figures and the rest are trash.


:: Box Art
Perfectly schemed with dusky colors, the front and sides both shows Nya and the weapons included in her box. It says 0075, nut sure if that is the number of the set, or Nya's number in the entire collection. At the back, it shows what are included inside, like the instruction manual and a character trading card.


:: What's Inside
The box contains a single bag of pieces and parts to build Nya, and like what the box says, it also contains the printed instruction manual and a trading card. Now for a closer look..


Some reviews I've seen shows you can actually get more than 1 random cards in a Ninja series like this, but the Nya box only has her own card. Shows her on same posing as on the box, with some skill ranking bars. The back of the card says "Ninja Fighting Spin Top" so this could be a rip off of the Master of Spinjutsu series of LEGO Ninjago.


The instruction manual has the same Nya art and the simple guide to build the mini figure. And at the next side you'll see the other characters you can get for the series, number 0071 to 0086, so tgere's 15 of them, and Nya Samurai X is number 0075. The other half is an advertising for another series, My World, a rip off of Minecraft.



:: Mini Figure
The mini fig is dressed in mostly black and red, with few green on torso, showing some sort of emblem or clan insignia. Nya's front face looks like some kind of a mask or an android face, but she comes with an alternate face print showing her actual pretty face. Her Samurai helmet looks sick with that shoulder almor.



Samurai X Nya does come with a stand, and 2 sets of weapon. The first one is this giant pirate sword, annd the other is a pair of samurai swords which she can tuck on her sword holder at the back, which is connected to her shoulder armoury.

:: Total Review
Afrer making a little research, I learned that this figure indeed exist in real LEGO form, and its a complete replica of Samurai X version of Nya, so that's nice. I love how bootleg companies tries to create all the variants and versions of the characters of the series they are rippin off, and goves ot a solid justice. This is a really nice Ninja figure, and I wont mind getting the other guys from this series.


Master Wu and Samurai X Nya is such a cool start for my Ninja series collection, I'm glad they are my first figures from this series.... actually......


I happen to own these 2 ninja guys which I received from a cousin in Christmas 2013 back when I spent my holidays in Mindoro๐Ÿ˜…. They look cool and fine materials are used and definitely gives an authentic LEGO vibes.

::: !! THROWBACK REVIEW !! :::
So there's a red ninja and a white ninja, not sure if they are the same characters from the original Ninjago, though. But I remember they were packed together in a green sealed card-back, and comes with a lot of weapons and random trading cards, which i don't remember where I placed.


And they also comes with this red top, which means they are a rup off of the Spinjutsu series.. I wish I still have the weapons and cards, and I wish I know which brand did they came from. So there you go.. Though they are my first 2 Ninja figures, I still consider Master Wu and Nya as my first characyers for the series.


But they are free to join the block. And now I have 4!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I also bought another Ninja set, which is bigger, from different brand, and I think looks absolutely awesome, and he will join the block soon as I build him!

6 comments:

  1. The red & white ninja is from the original Ninja. Seldom we will see the White Ninja (Zane) with a yellow face as he is a robot, but that is his I form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Do they happen to have names?

      Delete
    2. Red is Kai, White is Zane
      Black-Cole, Blue-Jay and Green-Lloyd-the famous one now

      Delete
    3. Oh. I'm familair with their movie names. Ikinda eanna learn what the old ones names are. Like the whote one with yellow face. I know Kai, Cole, and Jay already exists before.

      Delete
    4. The white one. he is named Zane.

      Delete
  2. Those old minifigures looks so much better than the new ones these days.

    ReplyDelete