Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hola, fellow toy collectors!!

Welcome to my new blog, The Poor Collector.
This is my second toy-related photo blog, the other one being The Toy Stream, which only features SD Gundam toys, and currently under long hibernation at the moment. In this blog, I will only post about cheap bootlegs of LEGO, I think most will be superheroes, and other mini-figures from China companies like DECOOL, LELE, and my personal favorite, SHENG YUANG or SY.

It's not that long ago when I first discovered these cheaper replicated version of LEGO mini-figs in the market, characters from Marvel and DC comics, and LEGO's very own Legends of Chima and Friends line, and Minecraft, all comes in set of 6 to 8 boxes. I was really amazed how good their production is. They can almost compete with the standards of the original one. Personally, I thought they are really good and much more cheaper, obviously.

There are some other blogs that reviews these LEGO bootlegs, like my favorite, My Brick Store, which helps me decide which set shall I get. but the people who own these blogs are real LEGO collectors, unlike me, who only have few sets of LEGO, back when I was a child (I mostly collect Gundam and Nerf blasters).

So I'm starting this Class-A-LEGO blog of my own to as well showcase my soon-to-be growing collection of proud fake, china-made, mini figures.  :D

Let this also be my diary of my experience on collecting these mini-figs, I am planing to complete all of my favorite characters from my all-time favorite comic series, X-Men and Avengers, and other Marvel ownde, like Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, and Spider-man. I know The Avengers have tons of sets of fake mini-figs already out in the market, while X-Men only has few of the characters made, mostly Wolverine. I will also get some DC, but that won't be my focus. other blogs like DC more than Marvel, but I kinda grew loving Marvel, so.. I think Legends of Chima is also cool, so I'll try to have them as well, plus I like the cartoons.

Enjoy!

PS: that explains the name of the blog, The Poor Collector, because these fake/rip-off/bootleg/class a whatever you want to call it toys are the haven for the kids who were not rich enough to buy the original ones, which costs fortune.

-Shiho

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I think they call the big ones (i.e: The Thing) as maxifig (maxifigure). Hey I checked you're from Manila. I'm from Manila too. Let's build a club or something. How do I contact you? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! congrats on your new blog. =). wishing you all the best =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I hope you're having fun while browsing my blog.

      Delete
  3. Whenyou say manila is it from philippines cuz i am a pinoy or something i collect movie variant superherobootlegs and it excites me to know this is happening pls review many from movie variants lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that! I will soon have the Guardians of the Galaxy set, as well as Batman, Joker and Catwoman movie versions.

      Delete
  4. Good Luck.
    I love this blogs about these brand (Enlighten, SY, Decool, Lele, Kazhi), i will mark it on fauvorites to check everyday =D

    ReplyDelete