Saturday, April 4, 2015

Cheap Mini Sets + Mini Figures Part 1 [ENLIGHTEN] [JIE-STAR] [KAZI]

As promised, I will be posting images and sometimes, reviews, of all the cheapest LEGO knock offs that I own, and will soon have. I have ordered several Super Heroes and Chima sets online, only those I think looks really good. But for now, I am going to make reviews about this old cheap knock offs that I have for a very long time already. I own several sets, all I did not really planned to buy, I just spotted them on some markets and malls that I visited, and decided to buy them, If I find them really amusing.

don't they look nice? and really tiny?

[KAZI] FIELD ARMY No. KY84016
This set comes with 43 pieces, nice sandy beige and gray color which suits the soldier theme really well.


The back of the box shows other sets which can also be bought from the same theme. I really wish I can have them as well, they are really hard to find in the local stores now, and getting them online may cost me a lot than P34.oo, or less than 1$, the price of this set when I bought it. 


The size of the car included is really small, but perfect for it's price. I have seen a lot of mini-sets like this with the same size of the car. It looks like an ATV, and it has a flag on it. The Army guy, who I named Benjamin, wears a gray uniform with many pockets on the jacket, and a gray cap. He also has a fierce  but decent look in his face, which is perfect for his job.


The set also includes this long gun weapon for the army minifig, which can be attached at the back of the ATV. here's Benjamin riding his Army vehicle:



[ENLIGHTEN] KNIGHTS CASTLE SERIES 1001
I'm not exactly sure how many pieces are there in this set, as it is not stated anywhere at the box, and I don't have time to separate the already built set, to count. but this is the smallest one that I have, so far. This is actually the last of it's kind from where I bought this, and It is the one that they have on displays, already built and over the counter. I only asked the sales person if I can buy it, and she said yes.


There are suggested alternate builds for this set, and even though this is a really small set, the alternate builds still look good. the one looks like a botanist, inspecting the plant, and the other one looks like your grand dad having a smoke outside the garden.


The set includes few blocks and a plant piece arrange together to look like a look out. The soldier wears blue armor with grey and gold details, and he holds a horn for announcement, I guess, and a flag on a pole, with the emblem of whatever kingdom he came from. the flagpole does not fit any open-hole pegs on the blocks, and needs to be carried by the soldier, who I named Lance, all the time.


Here is Lance with his medieval age bullhorn, and the flag pole barely inserted in one of the open pegs, barely standing. here's how Lance look when he is positioned at the back of his look-out, and also how it looks at the back:


Such cute set. the plant addition give the war theme of this set some good vibes. and Lance needs to shave, don't you think?

[JIE-STAR] NAVY SEALS No. 24001
Now this is one of my favorite set among the cheap set that I have, quality wise. This set has 24 pieces.


 There are no alternate built suggested on the box art, they instead put images of the devastated scuba diver who looks like he fell from his motor boat. I understand that it is hard to make alternate builds for this set, as the motorboat or jetski has only few of parts to be build though.


The reason why I like this set is because the jetski is in appropriate size, not big for the minifig, and not that small, just fine. It also have few more spaces in it, even if the scuba guy is riding it. The scuba diver looks perfect as well. I like his goggles, attached in his helmet. This is the only minifig I own that uses the same helmet, but not the glass thing for it's eye wear.  he also has some oxygen thank on his back, but I forgot to take photos of it. My scuba diver in green and gray suit is named Jef.


Here's Jef, riding his jetski. I really like this orange boat, and the strip of black elements on it's front, with the scuba diver in it, it somehow reminds me of a pumpkin, on a halloween. my favorite holiday! the colors made this one of my personal favorite.


This set also includes 2 swimming flippers for the scuba diver to wear, whenever he wants to go for a dice, or something fell in the ocean that needs to be retrieved or saved. The flippers are also green.


Scuba Diver Jef, sporting his green flippers, goggles down, and under the sea.

WHATS MY TAKES
I love these mini-sets so much, they are very affordable, they only cost about 20 - 40 pesos, or not more than 1 US dollar, good quality, everything is printed and no stickers used. The parts does not fall apart, but not stiff and hard to deal with.

A kid who does not have enough money to buy original LEGO products but want experience the fun of building bricks and collecting mini-figures will surely enjoys this. Not as good as the original LEGO, but this is some good stuff. I hope I can still find other mini-sets from this brands and themes.

(even though they are years old, I still have the box, something I am proud of)
(black 2x4 flat piece is original LEGO brick. see I don't own just rip-offs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment