Saturday, July 21, 2018

X-Men's Storm Minifigures [POGO, WM +Decool]

Something I would like to make a post about, comparing mini figs of a same character, in different versions, from different brands. And my first character will be Storm (Ororo Munroe) from X-Men, since I got 2 new minifigs of her this month, from my OBLO haul.



 ⚡ 90's Storm ⚡
Feel so lucky to finally have her, she's one of my fave X-Men. I got this WM minifig loose, and already out of its packaging, from one of the sellers in the event, but in perfectly fine condition.


Mini Figure
This version of Storm is what I am most familiar of, in her white suit and cape, as I grew up watching the 90s animated series where this is what she looks like She has 2 face print, with a lightning bolt design on each cheek per face print.


I would personally go with the white eyed emption print, but the lightning bolt would not be visible with her hair on.


Design Origin
Also known as the Jim Lee version, who gave the prominent X-Men roster, including Storm, the popular redesigns for The Uncanny X-Men in 1991, which was also the basis for the animated series design. In his version, Storm wears an all white suit with yellow elements, and wears lightning bolt earrings, which I asumed is what that lightning face paint is for.


This white suited Storm also came with black cape, instead of white, but I prefer the all white one more, since this is how I remember her looking like from my childhood.

Famine Storm
This one, I bought from a member of Mafia Brick Cartel, who also attend the OBLO event. Also loose, this fig was released by POGO, which I think comes with same lightning bolt pieces I had in the pic, but I got her with none.


Mini Figure
This storm has the mohawk look, which is one of her popular looks too, from the 80's,  and she only have one face print, also because of the hair piece. The torso paint are pretty worn out..


Im 100% sure the seller had her arms chaged to all black arms instead of dark skintone like her head, because in the ads for POGO, she has skintonned arms with bangles print in it. Which is sad..


Design Origin
This version appeared in X-Men Apocalypse movie, where younger Storm, played by Alexandra Shipp, is one of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse (the role of Famine), and her white hair was caused by Apocalypse after he improved her powers.


Would have been really better if I got with skintone arms with printed arm bangles instead of the plain black ones.

STORM / ORORO MUNROE
These are my second and third monifigs of Storm, actually.. I also got her classic version from Decool, which I already featured here.


Ive been a fan of her since my first encounter with X-Men back when I was still in kindergarten, she's one of my top X-Men pics, and probably my best for female super heroes. Would love to see a Halle Berry version in minifig forme too, she appeared in 4 X-Men films after all..


I would definitely want to have a Halle Berry Storm from The Last Stand, or Days of Future Past movies (3rd and 4th)..


Im thinking maybe I can make a custom one? Hmmm..

1 comment: