Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cheap Mini Sets + Mini Figures Part 3: Girls! [ENLIGHTEN] [QIAOLETONG]

Knockoff LEGO companies does not just range from all these cool city, police, pirates, space, knights,super heroes themes that are obviously marketed for boys. These companies also produces mini sets and mini figures that are girls themed, or exclusive for girls, but can still be bought and enjoyed by both gender. So, in the spirit of diversity, I am reviewing 3 cheap mini sets which are marketed for girls.

"honey... where's your undies?"
I have these mini sets for some time now, and I finally got to make a review about them. even thought they came from different knock-off companies, they all have the same hair style, which is the ponytail for girls, it's different in color though. I think it is the default hair style for knock-off girl mini-figures.

[QIAOLETONG] TS20120 Entertainment Set
Comes with 31 pieces, I can't really tell what's the theme of this mini set, since it's all written in chinese, I believe that is chinese.. so let's call it Entertainment Set for now.


The back of the box shows few alternate builds, but the main build for this mini set, is a Living Room showcase, with a coach/sofa, a TV set with remote, and the lady minifigure. all for 38PHP or less than 1USD.


The TV screen and the remote prints are not actually printed on the bricks, but just stick-on shiny stickers. It's really up to you how you will interpret that tv show shown.


Here's Betty, I named her that, watching whatever that is shown. I don't like the print of the face, it's too high I guess, it makes Betty looks like she has humongous jaws and large chin. anyway I tried one of the alternate builds, even without instructions, so check it out:

is it a motorcycle? is it a donkey? is it a gym equipment?
Yeah, I can't really tell what it is either.. what do you think?

[QIAOLETONG] TS20120 Beach Set
Can't tell what this set is called either, but it contains 30 pieces. let's just say this mini set is called "beach set".. It also came from the same company as Entertainment Set, which is QIAOLETONG.


Several alternate builds shown at the back, still beach related though..


The mini set composed of a sun-bathing bed, a mini umbrella with standee, a cassette radio of some sort, a walkie talkie and a female minifigure who happens to have forgotten to wear her underwear.



The fact that this minifigure looks like she wears nothing down there bums alot, but hey, this mini-set is marketed for female buyers, so maybe they can put a little story about it, like she's some sort of beauty queen in vacation who does not like tan lines? nice print in the torso though, very spring looking.. but isn't beach suppose to be this popular only during summer? also check out that ugly sticker for the parasol.. the pillow, towel on the bench, and the 2 sided boombox are all stickers too, but not as fail looking as the umbrella.

[ENLIGHTEN] 1208 Girls Series
This simple build for girls theme from Enlighten is better than the first two on top. first, you can always trust Enlighten will give you quality, not that perfect, but still.


That's a huge foliage build, basically this mini set is about a lady with a book in an island, probably standed in it, but that tree is one huge build and it's like it is the main focus of the miniset. The back of the boxart also offers alternate builds, but mostly about how you can setup the foliage.


It came with a pink chair, a goblet (must be beer, or any sparkly drink which bubbles) that abnormal looking coconut/palm tree, a mini base, a female minifig I named Teresa, who has green sleeves instead of the white one promised in the box, and a book printed tile, I don't know what book it is, must be a quran. or any arabic literature, so this girl must be from middle east or just understands this letters.



nice torso print, but I really prefer it with white sleeves, but overall this mini-set is still outstanding, despite its cheap price, and it came from Enlighten, so the whole mini set is really nice and descent. check out the alternate builds:

"let me enjoy this toxic looking drink while resting beside this bamboo"
"my garden really needs some color, maybe if I planted flowers instead of grass"
By the way, I have this tanned skin girl mini-figure that I have used and featured in some images before, which I don't know really from what brand it came from. It was given to me by my younger cousin, all I know is that it was part of a bigger set of a house or doll house of some sort, but I have no idea which brand it is, so I cannot research it, so if someone can tell me, please post a comment. here she is once again:


"I got tanned too much by hanging out with Pyro so much."


3 comments:

  1. No idea if she's called Betty or not ... but that's Jay Leno's sister.

    I usually don't mind keeping the torso of knock-off minifigs and using proper Lego heads and hands on them. And using the minifigs when playing with MOCs. But the torsos here looks quite bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Ausini brand. I have few of these girls..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sets are nice enough, it will fit to my lego city.

    Anyway, i too review any bootleg brick :)

    http://bootlegbrickreview.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete