Thursday, April 2, 2015

[SY] Fantastic Four Set + My own Display Diorama

My very first set of LEGO rip-offs, from Sheng Yuan: Fantastic Four!
There are 8 characters from this set, 7 of which are regular size minifigure, well 6 I think, because one of them has longer legs, and one is "macro figure".. I'm not really sure if that's what it is actually called, but that's what my online seller labels it.


The 8 characters are: Dr. Doom, Pyro (from X-Men), Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (flame-on version), Silver Surfer, and Human Torch (normal version).

REVIEW
I like the macro-fig (yep, I'll settle calling it that now), The Thing, although in the comics, he is just average height, but he is my favorite from this set. Mr. Fantastic is displaying his special skills, which is nice. It's also nice that they included two versions of Human Torch, that will come in handy for play-times. Silver Surfer really is color silver in this set, and not just gray. and Dr. Doom is also well done. As for the inclusion of Pyro, a Brotherhood member from X-Men, I think he is a good filler for this 8-pack set. He is not as famous as the other Brotherhood members, and who would have thought he will also have his mini-figure version. I think SY mistaken him for another Human Torch costume-change, I guess. The most boring character in this set is Invisible Woman, who does not have anything to showcase her power.

THE EXTRA PARTS
This set does not have trading cards, like the other set. This set came with extra parts, which I think are just random part, for my perspective, builds nonsense structures. also, some parts are very lose and always fell from the other parts. The base also have printings of SY, which eats a lot of space, and only left several pegs for the building parts and the mini-figure to be placed on to. I don't like these parts and base but I don't want it to go to waste, so I decided to combine everything to make my own display diorama:


I put all the bases together, and all parts were "Krageled", because they keep on falling apart, the studs were the hardest to deal with. I used all the silver studs for Silver Surver's stand, and the gold studs for other mini-figs'. I did not put glue on the fire-pieces because I think I can still use them on other things, and I fancy the color. here are other views of the diorama:


As I said, everything from this set were put into use, nothing was left behind. the 2 gold studs at the back is where The Thing is going to stand, so he will be floating a little at the back, for better blocking. the 2 brown cones at the side put together is where Mr. Fantastic is going to stand, for more illusions that he is stretching taller. This is what it looks like with the fire pieces placed on it:


The gold studs at the back of the upper fire pieces is where the flaming Human Torch is going to stand, that way it will looks like he is flying, while the cool-down Human Torch will be placed below, so it will look like he glided down, I hope. here's how it looks like with the characters on place:


So they were posed like they are racing after the crystal in the front, inspired by the iconic Legend of Zelda poster. I'm pretty satisfied on how the 2 Human Torch looks. The Thing looks like he is a freaking giant and I love it. My plan on Silver Surfer did not fail, so is on Mr. Fantastic. Invisible Woman and Dr. Doom looks just fine. 

The diorama still looks like there is a war happening in the city though. here is how it looks like, quarter-top view:


All characters are not glued into place, because I don't want to ruin them, they will be displayed like this, but only for a matter of time, I have other plans on displaying them, when my collection grows.

Btw, Pyro is not part of my diorama because, well he is not a character from Fantastic Four. I have plans for him, soon he will be reunited with his Brotherhood team. for the moment, let him flirt with this cute girl mini-figure, which my cousin gave to me, when I visited our province last year:

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I think they call the big ones (i.e: The Thing) as maxifig (maxifigure). Hey I checked you're from Manila. I'm from Manila too. Let's build a club or something. How do I contact you? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi... i really like how you present the review. please keep up the good work =).


    looking forward your next review =)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey my name wisnu from jakarta, indonesia..i really love the idea to make dioarama from the extra parts

    ReplyDelete