Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cheap Mini Sets + Mini Figures Part 2 [ZHILING] [ENLIGHTEN] [COMPANION]

Hello again, and welcome to my Cheap Mini Sets review, part 2! a very nice greeting to start the blag entry,  influenced by JANGBRiCKS, one of my favorite YouTube channels, which reviews original LEGO products. But today, I am once again making some reviews of cheap knock-off mini sets that I own, because I don't have that much original sets from LEGO.

all yellow skintones' aye?
[ZHILING] DIVING TEAM No. A1014
Comes with 37 pieces, and suggests this toy is suitable for Ages 3+. Diving Team or Diving Team Super.


Still have the price tag sticking on front of the box, I bought this for PHP28.00 (Philippine Peso), that's equivalent to more than half US Dollar, really cheap. The back of the box does not show any alternate builds, and.. let's see why I'm not a fun of this set that much..


The set includes this small submarine-like apparatus, which has parts that are very loose, and the structure of this submarine is not that impressive. I get it, it's cheap, but the quality of some other cheap knockoffs are much better than this one. The diver, or marine guy whatever you wanna call him is not that an eye candy as well. plus, he has the race-car driver/ astronaut helmet, rather than the helmet with goggles, which will suit him better. Take a closer look at his face..


He is mad! He is either not happy of his job, or can't do his job well because of the style of visor he is wearing. This toy is market for kids, as the box say, ages 3+. I don't think a frowning face will make a kid happy playing with this. The print on his jacket seems nice, but other than that, nothing else. So he will be named Grumpy Joe.


This tiny submarine is no thrill as well. I don't like the yellow parts, too toxic looking. And when Grumpy Joe is sitting on his place, the propeller won't spin flawlessly because the oxygen tank at the back of the mini-fig is blocking it's way. Over all, this mini-set sucks.

[COMPANION] SUPER CAR No.102
The race car mini set is for Ages 5+.  I think this toy has no basic "series name" but the box says Super Car, so why not? let's see how super this is..


I got this for only PHP9.75! Nine Pesos and Seventy Five Cents! In Philippines, 1 US$ is equivalent to I guess 42-45 Pesos now, so to see how cheap this thing really is, do the math! The front and back box art is just the same. not sure what is front and back though.


Very clever design of race car, kinda look like just a skeleton, with no casing yet. Well this is the standard build for mini-sets cars, so don't expect too much. The yellow parts seems working well in this set, than the yellow parts in submarine one. The minifig, who I call Brad, wears appropriate racer suit and proper helmet, with neon visor.


Brad in his race car looks kinda like he is a kid in an amusement park, riding a novelty cart in one of the park's ride attractions. Again, this is a normal size build for cheap knockoffs. let's see what Brad's face looks like with the helmet off..


I like this particular print on this mini-fig's face. it's not the usual smiley face, but this one is more cartoony, and Brad looks handsome with this face print. no wonder a lot of his girl fans are dying to be around him..


[ENLIGHTEN] PIRATES SERIES 1201
Another favorite of mine, the pirate mini-fig and his little raft.


The box art looks pleasing, no wonder I bought this. I love the simple build that is shown in front, and the back offers alternate builds that can be made only using the actual parts that is included in the set. I tried this alternate builds, and you can see them at the bottom of this post.


Great looking raft, I did not expect too much, but this raft is really cool. The parts fits each other really well and does not fell apart easily. I love that pirate flag, which is printed. The pirate, now named Arge, has a nice smile on his face. He obviously needs to shave, but it doesn't matter, because it looks good on him as a pirate. He has a gown and a chrome silver sword, and a red bandana.


I really wish I have blue LEGO mat, for ocean/sea purpose. This Pirate raft will surely looks cool on it. The raft and the pirate dude does not look too simple, nor too outrageous. I think it is average, and is worth the price. and now for the alternate builds..

"how dare yah get ya'r nasty feet in my island, ya fool?"

*The're life's worth gold and pearls, my foes shall walk thy plank! Argh!!*

COMMENTS:
It's really cool that this knockoff LEGO companies has the different themes of mini-sets, for the kids to choose from. Either they'd like to be in a pirate era, or city, or in medieval stuff.

If you have any suggestions, or comments about the posts and toys featured in this blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I will surely appreciate it.

2 comments: